Monday, January 28, 2013

chapter 9: Faith is the Foundation


Chapter 9: Faith the Foundation

  1. What is Faith to you?- Heb 11:1 Faith is the assurance hoped for, the conviction o things not seen. p. 142 para 2.
  2. assurance- title deed, something we own. We must own faith in our hearts. Faith is not something reasoned after. (meaning?)  I need to throw myself into it-heart, mind and soul. BULLET POINT: IT IS ONE THING TO BELIEVE GOD CAN DO SOMETHING. IT IS QUITE ANOTHER TO PUT MYSELF IN A POSITION OF RELIANT TRUST. 
  3. abandoned faith- God desires.
  4. important principles p. 143. Bottom of 143. Does it matter what I have faith in??? (God’s Character) 
  A God is Sovereign
  1. He assigns my portion .Ps 16:5
  2. what He decrees is good for us Eph. 1:11, Romans 8:28.
  3. I know that you can do all things;no plan of yours can be thwarted.(Job 42:2)
  4. p. 146. BULLET POINT- I can trust Him with my tiniest doubt or with my most heart wrenching fear.
 B. God is Wise- all that happens to us is thought out by an infinitely wise Person and for our good!
  1. God is Love-
  1. God’s love isn’t real to me until I personalize it in my walk with Him. p. 146. How do I do this???
  2. What does it mean to be filled with God? p. 147. Eph 3:17 Christ makes His home in my heart as I trust in Him.
  3. understand God’s deep love.
  4. experience God’s love (notice your prayers of concern and lifted to Him. He does meet my needs.
  5. How do I know His love is for real? p. 147. place your faith in the fact ofg His word and in His promises, not your feelings.
  1. Faith in God’s Word
  1. God’s Word remains constant. What do you think p. 148?
  2. CHOOSE to put my trust in God’s Word and His promises rather than the Caboose(feelings).
  3. p. 149 Astounding: Noah and the Ark. We live by feelings especially women.  Let’s talk about panic, impatience, and feelings of frustration. Feelings led= anxious heart.
      Faith living= calm heart.
  1. Faith hopes in who God is and what He has promised.
  2.   Now define what faith is TO YOU PERSONALLY. Is it walking in darkness holding God’s hand? Pray the faith prayer on page 152.

No comments:

Post a Comment