Monday, January 28, 2013

Chapter 10- Trusting God ( What Ifs)


Chapter 10- Trusting God (What Ifs)

  1. Spiritual Diseases- lack eyes of Faith
  1. What if- looks to the future and worries about what God will allow. Leads to anxiety.
  2. If Only- looks at the past and grumbles about what God has given. Leads to anger
  3. How do I trust if these’ diseases’ come over me?
  1. I can look at my situation through eyes of faith
  1. choose the Lord. p. 159. Make Him my total trust
  2. Do not fear
  3. Do not trust self p.159. 
  4. Jer 17:5-8. Pray this prayer of Jeremiah
  5. See Ps 91- The Lord is my total trust. Discuss p. 160. Has God enlarged your picture of Him in the trials of What Ifs? 
  1. Take your trust level
  1. Ask yourself when trials come, do I judge God by circumstances or judge circumstances in light of God’s character. p.160.
  2. Sustaining verse: Is 41:10. What is yours?
  3. Verses of strength and a heart fixed on My Lord: ps 141:8. ps. 112:7. p. 160.
  4. Discuss p. 161. Do I really trust God?
  1. Is He dependable in times of trouble?
  2. Can I trust Him? Is my relationship with God solid, that I have such confidence in Him that I believe He is with me in my anxiety even if I don’t have evidence of His presence and power? 
  3. Bullet point- CONTENTMENT COMES FROM A PROPER RELATIONSHIP TO GOD NOT FROM A RESPONSE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES.
  1. Giving Up Anxiety to God
  1. Before I can relinquish anxiety, what ifs, I must believe that God understands my problem and will handle it. ( Blessed Controller of my life) p. 161.
  2. Can I thank God that He us in Control? p. 161.
  3. My trust level must  be greater if I want to experience real contentment. p162. Don’t play catch with God. Give Him your ball ( of anxiety) and leave it in His hands.
  4. Willis Carrier’s conclusion of how to handle worries. p163.
  1. What’s the worst that can happen?
  2. Prepare to accept it if I have to.
  3. Calmly proceed to improve on the worst. (act, prepare)

No comments:

Post a Comment