Chapter 7- A Faulty Focus: Perhaps the most important chapter- Determining Life’s Purpose---Your life purpose!
- Women are nearsighted in their life focus. I don’t know why I’m here except to Glorify God.( invest in your day-other people)
- Aimlessness is common p. 108. ex. when kids were young- car pools ,rushing to get to activities
- Or, putting your life on hold = waiting for the right job, right man, a baby. Bullet point in all of this is- faulty focus makes contentment an impossible dream! Read the 14 yr. old boy’s poem out loud- p108. Am I myopic or on hold? Do I walk in a fog when it comes to becoming the woman I want to be?
- What do we senior women get caught up in? How do we lose sight of the bigger picture? Eph 5:15-17. So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these days. Don’t act thoughtlessly but understand what the Lord wants you to do. (How do we discern what the Lord wants us to do? Discuss)
- question#2 =5 benefits of developing a life purpose- share
- question#3 - hopeful, motivated discouraged?
- Would anyone share their life verse. What does ‘life verse” mean?
- What did you learn from God this week?? Over Christmas break?
- p 110. What does it mean to live by default? Acting out a script handed to us by others or dictated by circumstances?
- What do you think about the prayer of Betty p. 111? Can you honestly say that is your prayer?
Next week we will go over pages 114-119 to cement in our minds: MY PURPOSE FOR LIVING.
- purpose statement
- purpose prayer
- Is my purpose changing or is it stagnant? What do I mean?
- How do I become the woman I want to be?
- turn to page 118: 3 steps to work through. Please do these and come back to class with something you can share. Remember, we are ‘works in progress’. We have to begin somewhere. Just begin!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment