Sunday, November 4, 2012

Oct 31st Discussion Chapter #2


Class 3- Chapter 2  Discussion Notes- Content with Circumstances
                 Where is my focus?

  1. 2 sides of life- positives and negatives. In the prison of circumstances do I see mud or stars? ( drawing)
  2.   OUR PART- heart choice- p.30. Anxiety should be used as a springboard (trampoline) to pray SPECIFICALLY.  Pray or be anxious??? I am learning God is turstworthy. How do you see your Lord and Savior? questions p. 213 #3.
  3. CHOICES- p. 30 pray with thanksgiving. Ps 116:17- I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the LORD.(  caps, I AM  Sovereign Lord!!!!! I am to give thanks in a black tunnel sacrificial.
  4. definition of sacrifice; an offering to god of something precious. b. surrender something for the sake of something else. c. something given up or lost. Can we surrender our joys and hurts to God?  (for me that is thanking the Lord for things lost but gaining a greater love and focus on God)
  5. sacrificial to pray when anxiety is at the front of our mind. I tend to want my will be done not yours, Lord.
  6. GOD’S PART- Phil 4:7. questions p. 214 # 6,7---- meditation and Peace.
  1. God’s part is to give me eace. Phil 4:7- As I guard my heart and mind in Christ( or as I LIVE in Christ Jesus)  ehoose to pray instead of worry. p 31. In this world of chaos, heartache and anxiety, I NEED Peace.
  2. Ask yourself, if you have done your part, so God can do His work in you?
  3. taking back anxiety and worry: write in your journal positives with the situation. Where did God intervene, eased your heart, or took away the circumstances?
  4. thank Him that He is at work. This helps us focus or recognize that God is IN THE SITUATION, and He is in control. 
  1. OUT OF WORRY:  getting out of worry, fret mode involves focusing on something else. a. positives- where God shoes up. b. Phil 4:8 focus on whatever is noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable or if anything is praiseworthy. In other words, God asks us to get control of our minds. (comment)
  1. 2 Cor: 10:5. take every thought captive. God COMMANDS us to be in control of our minds. Romans 12:2.
  2. practice makes perfect- p. 33. The Peace of God follows a choice to obey. p. 215 # 8,9,

What did you learn from God this week about yourself? What did you learn about God?

3 comments:

  1. Not conforming to patterns of the world by renewing my mind. Patterns of the world has become a focus word for me for the last couple of years. I have experienced the peace that passeth understanding so why do I go back to old ruts and habits as I react and respond to the world? I must be reminded to ask those questions of who am I, who is god, and what is god up to in my life. To walk with intention and infuse god into my life by meditating on Him is the only way.
    God draw us close this day. We seek your presence in all we are and all we do.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, you have certainly reminded me of the key questions to ask myself periodically. Who is God, Who am I, and What is God up to in my life? Wow, heavy thoughts to think about. But, in the light of God's Word we do find the answers. It is certainly key to stay in His Word every day and meditate on it.

      Delete
  2. Lesson 5 was great. I look forward to the discussion tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete