Anne’s Blog- Journey to NEW Faith and Renewal in Jesus
“Calm My Anxious Heart”. by Linda Dillow. This blog is created with the intent of drawing closer to God, learning to trust Him in ALL things, not what I choose to relinquish. Interesting how many of us want to control our lives only to realize that we actually have zero control. Linda talks about God being the “Blessed Controller” of all things. Do you truly believe that or are you struggling for control in your daily life? It has taken me many years, trial and error, to fall on my face before my loving God and tell Him my every need and desire, waiting for Him to show me His love and faithfulness. I can honestly say, I am not a patient person, and perhaps that is why God keeps putting me in difficult circumstances to teach me to WAIT AND BE STILL BEFORE HIM. I have come to learn that to truly relinquish problem relationships, daily struggles, I must absolutely begin my day with Jesus, in ALL things praising and thanking Him for what He is doing in my life. Through worship and praise, I am learning to come to Him more and more, moment by moment, TRUSTING Him to know what to do and then obediently following. Linda draws us into a circle of friendship with our Lord, sharing heartfelt experiences abroad, leading us toward greater intimacy with the Lord.
This blog is going to be run something like the class. I will have discussion of questions that I ask the ladies present and then you can respond. I would like to be able to read some responses to those in the class( some don’t have computers) and see their answers which I will try to encapsulate for those on line. Class will begin Oct 17th, Wed. mornings 10:00 a.m.- 11:00 am at Bellevue Heights church, Sun City, Az. Anyone is welcome to attend whether you come to the church or not. Anyone seeking to follow Jesus is welcome.
Class Instructions:
- purchase the book Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. I still have copies so you can get one from the church. $10.00.
- What is written in the blog STAYS here, that is to respect the privacy of each participant, whether present or writing in. If you write, I will always ask if prayer requests can be shared in class to uplift to God. Details not necessary as God knows, but we can lift you and specific needs to Him, who is in control of all things.
Personal notes about me and introduction to class:
My name is Anne Brutsche. I have lived in New Jersey, California, Hawaii and now Az. My husband, Howard and I retired to live in Oregon, having worked in Calif. most of our lives. We lived in Oregon full time untill 2009 when we purchased a home in Sun City, Snow Birds. Love the warm weather, warm friendships, and caring encouraging people at church. In 2009, one of our Sons-in-law died, devastating in itself. But then my loving Husband was diagnosed with brain cancer, Glioblastoma Multiforme, Grade 4 cancer! Shocking, horrible! What is God doing?? The Lord in everything held our family together, and brought me closer to Howard and the Lord like never before. I learned to lean on the LORD for everything and He became my Adonai. Eight months after Howard passed away in 2011, I had a great deal of water damage, needing to stay in a hotel for 2 1/2 months, finally getting back in my home Jan 5, 2011. Then right before I was to go back to Oregon, June 2012, my world came crashing down with a devastating house fire!!!!! The house had to be ‘gutted’ and I am still not able to move back in. I may be crushed BUT NOT UNDONE!!!! My daughters all say, that God is teaching me. I personally feel that to be reduced to nothing, I can rebuild on EXACTLY WHAT GOD HAS IN HIS PLAN. Not my plan, but His, and His alone!!!! Where are you on your walk with God?? Is He working ON you to come to Him more fully? Is He preparing you for some special ministry?
I have no doubt that God has a special place for me, work to do, all to His Glory!!! Praying that in this class we will grow in His love and experience the love of other Christian women. Blessings to all of you, Anne
Class 1 Intro:
This study has been an amazing transformation of what I thought about life, what was important to me, and now why I believe God created me. He has a job for me to do right now, today!!! What has He got for you to do?
As we studied last year, each and every person is created for a purpose to Glorify God and fulfill His purpose for us. Gen 1:26.27 says: LET US create man in OUR image. The God of the Universe, the great I Am, created you and me to develop into His image: our example His Son. John 1:1 says : the WORD!!!! Jesus is THE WORD.
I have not drawn my conclusions lightly but by daily study of His Word and really pondering and answering the questions at the back of the book. Changing your heart from anxious to calmness or real contentment takes a refocus of our minds and hearts----to focus on God, Jesus and the direction of the Holy Spirit moment by moment day by day. Not easy when your world comes crashing down and no end in sight. BUT !!! You and I must choose to focus our minds on God and His promises, not human circumstances or fallibility .
Last year, we studied the names of God from the book “Lord I Want to Know You” by Kay Arthru. One of God’s names is El Elyon-----Most High One- Sovereign One. Ask yourself: Do I really believe God is Sovereign( in control of all things)? That simply means: God created me. He knew me before I was born ( Ps 139: 1-16 esp. vs 16..) Every moment was laid out before a single day passed. (Ps 139:16 NLT)
Therefore, I believe before we can arrive at contentment in our lives, we must confess to God what we truly believe in our hearts about Him, taking Him into our hearts, committing our lives to Him and ALLOW Him to direct our steps.
The second question to ask yourself is: Have I made Jesus my Adonai----The LORD and master of my life. Love in Him, Anne Brutsche
Bellevue Heights Church
9440 W. Hutton Dr.
Sun City, Az 85351-1463
Office 623-977-8308
Senior Pastor- Rev. Dr. Timothy Anderson
Nurse Pastor- Rose Coulter, RN
This is a trial message for users.
ReplyDeleteI am commenting on your blog!
ReplyDeleteWhen entering the pet scan yesterday, I was anxious, not because of the test, but because of why the test was being done and what the outcome would mean. I kept hearing god offering me His words and at the same time satan adding his 2 cents in the background. Finally I remembered to put the veil of protection around me and rebuke satan, declaring anything that was not of god to leave. Then my mind quieted and I became calm. I love being reminded by Linda Dillow to just invoke His will be done in all things. So easy, so hard to remember at times. Thank you for you willing heart to lead us in this study and intentional time of being focused on carrying a calm heart in ALL things.
ReplyDelete